A cycle club for retired and refined gentlemen,
who indulge, weekly, in gentle exercise,
and deep and meaningful banter
Next scheduled ride is on: Tue 22nd Jan 2019, 08:30.
The most recent ride Tue 15th Jan 2019, 08:45 :
- Turnout: 12: A very reasonable turnout.
- Route: Reverse Route,
- Weather - forecast: Met Office forecast: 30% chance of rain up to 08:00h, after that 10% all morning. Temp 9C feels like 5-6C.
- Weather - actual: First the good news: It was warmer than forecast.
Now the bad: It was significantly wetter than implied by the 10% chance. Our luck must have been out.
- Riding conditions: There was very little traffic, must be a sign that Christmas and Sales deliveries have ceased for a while. However, it was a miserable ride in the fairly persistent light drizzle.
- Incident of the day! On a day marked by lack of incidents we were able to concentrate on the plight of fellow riders currently unable to ride. We send them all best wishes for a speedy recovery. Get well soon guys.
However, concern was expressed over one Old Git who has apparently acquired a long zip since last week's ride. The concern wasn't so much about the zip per se, but rather more about the potential risk af a picture of it being posted on the website.
Quote of the day: "If, during the Second World War, the United States had retooled its factories for manufacturing bicycles instead of munitions, we'd be one of the healthiest, least oil-dependent, and most environmentally-sound constituents in the Nazi empire today.": Ralph Nader -