A cycle club for retired and refined gentlemen,
who indulge, weekly, in gentle exercise,
and deep and meaningful banter
Next scheduled ride is on: Tue 17th Dec 2019, 08:45.
The most recent ride Tue 10th Dec 2019, 08:45 :
- Turnout: 3: Stalwarts.
- Route: Reverse Route,
- Weather - forecast: Heavy rain expected certainly until mid morning. Severe southerly wind gusting at times. Temperature mild for time of year.
- Weather - actual: As forecast (unfortunately)
- Riding conditions: Very hard going battling with rain and wind. Roads needless to say, very very wet and flooded in places.
- Incident of the day! Toll road maniac forced oncoming vehicle into ditch whilst overtaking Gits. No Git was harmed during this reckless manoeuvre.
Special mentions to 'Gatekeeper Git', 'Caped Crusader Git' and 'Plastic Shoe Bag Git', who braved the elements if only to encourage a vigorous debate on wimpiness at Caffle!
The 'social only Gits' were obviously saving all their energies for the Christmas banquet the same evening.
Quote of the day: "All bicycles weigh fifty pounds. A thirty-pound bicycle needs a twenty-pound lock. A forty-pound bicycle needs a ten-pound lock. A fifty-pound bicycle doesn't need a lock. ": Author Unknown -
With a few notable exceptions the Old Gits aim to Cycle responsibly
- Performance enhancing drugs will not be tolerated.
(Does not include: Caffeine, Warfarin, Statins, or angiotensin receptor blockers etc.)
- Pacemakers and/or artificial hips or knees are also allowed (provided thay are not GT models).
- Electrically assisted cycling machines are permitted. (providing they are recharged with electricity from renewable resources and are not utilised in the warp-speed mode.)