A cycle club for retired and refined gentlemen,
who indulge, weekly, in gentle exercise,
and deep and meaningful banter
The most recent ride Tue 18th Sep 2018, 08:30 :
- Turnout: 8: The usual suspects.
- Route: Original Route,
- Weather - forecast: Strong winds at first from SW decreasing, possibility of light rain towards midday, temperature moderate for he time of year.
- Weather - actual: Pretty well as forecast, no rain though.
- Riding conditions: Dry roads, ideal for cycling, no traffic related problems.
- Incident of the day! A fairly quiet ride today. A mechanical right at the start when one of the Royal Sands contingent managed to break his derailleur and withdrew, later to appear at Caffles in time for a birthday celebratory cup of tea. This sparked an age related topic and it was worked out on a calculator (last time was by hand and the result was 128yrs) that the average age of the riders today was 74.88 recurring.
Next scheduled ride is on: Tue 25th Sep 2018, 08:45.
Quote of the day: "[The bicycle]... is the first machine we master as children and the one we abandon when the seductions of the automobile take over.": Colman Mc Cartly - Former writer for the Washington Post