A cycle club for retired and refined gentlemen,
who indulge, weekly, in gentle exercise,
and deep and meaningful banter
The most recent ride Tue 15th May 2018, 08:30 :
- Turnout: 12: A very reasonable turnout.
- Route: Original Route,
- Weather - forecast: Wall to wall sunshine, light westerly breeze. Up to 13C.
- Weather - actual: The day started as per forecast then a low mist appeared from nowhere and the temperature dropped significantly. Luckily it was fairly short-lived and the sun re-appeared.
- Riding conditions: Excellent riding conditions. Motorists seemed happy and polite, except for one who was feeling 'horny'.
- Incident of the day! No incidents. 'Interesting' discussions and demonstrations over a cuppa. I can't go into too much detail, those who were there know what I mean. Suffice it to say we learnt a lot about personal habits. Perhaps of note was the thesis about the non-ecological issues associated with socks marked 'L' and 'R'. For example, you can't put them on correctly, with 100% certainty, in the dark. The discussioin was wel aligned with the Club's raison d'etre.
Next scheduled ride is on: Tue 22nd May 2018, 08:45.
Quote of the day: "You know, bicycling isn't just a matter of balance, it's a matter of faith. You can keep upright only by moving forward. You have to have your eyes on the goal, not the ground. I'm going to call that the Bicyclist's Philosophy of Life": Susan Vreeland - Author