A cycle club for retired and refined gentlemen,
who indulge, weekly, in gentle exercise,
and deep and meaningful banter
Next scheduled ride is on: Tue 13th Nov 2018, 08:30.
The most recent ride Tue 6th Nov 2018, 08:45 :
- Turnout: 12: A very reasonable turnout.
- Route: Across the levels to Burnham and back:
- Weather - forecast: Met Office: Rain with some sunshine. Temp low teens.
BBC: No rain, but no sun either warmer than the Met Office. Light SSE breeze.
- Weather - actual: A bit of each. No rain except for a few spots at the start. However the sun shone for a couple of hours.
- Riding conditions: Quite pleasantly warm. Gatekeeper Git reverted to shorts for the day, another Old Git couldn't decide so wore shorts and leggings. Burnham racetrack, aka. Berrow Rd was almost deserted, so very peaceful.
- Incident of the day! None really. Last week's star of the incident report seems to have got the hang of passing vehicles in narrow lanes.
Somewhat embarrassingly we were overtaken by a tuc tuc. For obvious reasons I wouldn't mention it, but it was a first!
Quote of the day: "An engineer designing from scratch could hardly concoct a better device to unclog modern roads - cheap, nonpolluting, small and silent...": Rick Smith - Rick Smith, International Herald Tribune and http://www.bikeboom.info/quotes/